Venice, 10 - 15 June 2013 - Palazzo Franchetti
La Summer School on Neuroscience and Aging Ŕ promossa da The Research Program on Aging of the Italian Research Council (CNR), in collaborazione con Italian Society of Geontology and Geriatrics (SIGG), American Federation for Aging Research (AFAR) e European Union Geriatric Medicine Society (EUGMS).
The Research Program on Aging of the Italian Research Council (CNR), in collaboration with the Italian Society of Geontology and Geriatrics (SIGG), the American Federation for Aging Research (AFAR) and the European Union Geriatric Medicine Society (EUGMS) is offering one-week program in Neuroscience and Aging. The program enrolls 20 international post graduate students, and is held in Venice, from June 10 to June 15, 2013. The faculty includes neuroscientists and geriatricians from Europe and from US, the course is based on lectures as well as laboratory sessions (e.g., basic science, neuroimaging, research protocols' presentations and discussion). In particular, the classes run Monday through Thursday; Friday is dedicated to laboratories at the Venetian Institute of Molecular Medicine in Padua, at the Abano Hospital, and at the San Camillo Institute of Neuro-rehabilitation, in Venice Lido. Saturday is dedicated to the presentation of students' research projects and discussion.
The program provides room and board in Venice.
Application deadline: April 20, 2013.
Scientific Director: Tullio Pozzan, MD, Director, CNR Department of Biomedical Sciences, Professor of General Pathology, University of Padua.
Executive Directors: Stefania Maggi, MD, MPH, PhD, Research Director, CNR Institute of Neuroscience, Aging Branch-Padua; Maria Carla Gilardi, PhD, Professor, School of Medicine, Milano Bicocca University, Director, CNR- Institute of Bioimaging and Molecular Physiology, Milan.
Selected Faculty members
* Nicoletta Berardi, PhD Neuropsychology, CNR Institute of Neuroscience, Pisa (I);
* Richard Besdine, MD, Professor of Geriatrics, Director, Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, AFAR Medical Officer, Brown University, RI (USA);
* Alberto Diaspro, PhD, Professor, Director of the Department of Nanophysics at the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT) and Dept. of Physics, University of Genoa (I);
* Tommaso Fellin, PhD, Researcher Neuroscience and Brain Technologies (NBT) Department at the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genoa (I);
* Luigi Ferrucci, MD, PhD, NIA Scientific Director, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA;
* Laura Fratiglioni, MD, PhD, Director of the Aging Research Center (ARC), Professor at the Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden;
* Giovanni B. Frisoni, MD, PhD, Deputy Scientific Director of the Fatebenefratelli - The National Centre for Alzheimer's and Psychiatric Diseases, Brescia, (I);
* Alessandro Padovani, MD, Professor of Neurology, University of Brescia, (I);
* Daniela Perani, MD, PhD, Professor, University Vita Salute, Milano (I);
* Tullio Pozzan, MD, Director, CNR Department of Biomedical Sciences, Professor, University of Padua (I);
* Giacomo Rizzolatti, MD, PhD, Professor, University of Parma (I);
* Ugo Salvolini, Professor Neuroradiology, University of Ancona (I);
* Christian Steinhaeuser, PhD, Professor, Institute of Cellular Neurosciences University of Bonn, Medical School (D);
* Paolo Tonin, MD, Deputy Director IRCCS San Camillo Hospital, Venice (I);
* Gianna Toffolo, Professor, University of Padua (I).
The tuition for the course is 900 Euros, which has to be paid within two weeks after acceptance.
This covers room and board during the school (June 10-15).